32 posts tagged vintage
cocktail ringage ;) | #fashion #vintage #jewellery #rings #pearls #gold (Taken with Instagram)
5 things we can learn from: HOLLY GOLIGHTLY
After being quarantined in my home for a week due to Pharyngitis :/ I spent my rainy days indoors, curled up in bed with my laptop, and a pile of old movies, which included one of my favourites; Breakfast at Tiffany’s! starring the beautiful and elegant, Audrey Hepburn and it occurred to me, “I have never written a post about Tiffany’s or my dear Audrey! I must solve this!” and here we are :) so without further ado, here is a list of 5 things I have learnt from Miss Golightly!
1. An LBD isn’t just for the evening! - In the very first scene of BAT’s, we see Holly indulging in some coffee and a pastry whilst gazing at the treasures in Tiffany & Co’s display window in the early hours of the morning in a long LBD. The misconception most ladies of today have is the belief that an LBD is just for the after hours, Holly disproves and shows us how to drop the LBD day time look, in style.
2. Always make an effort - Who can forget about the satin blue sleep mask? Truly iconic to be honest, as well as glamorous! Seeing Holly in her lounge wear whilst I was vegging out in my ancient tee and shorts made me feel slightly rubbish, LOL! Plus, going to bed looking like a mini VS angel will probably make you feel better in the morning
3. Staple Sunglasses - Some people regard sunglasses as an accessory, but to Holly, these were essential to running her errands, and it just finished off each and every one of her looks! I found these cute substitutes from ASOS for just £12, and they look a lot like Holly’s!
4. You must have ‘everyday lippy’ - When she first met Paul (Fred) to when she got busted out of jail, Holly always had her trustee lipstick, and it was just perfect for her skin tone, so finding the perfect lipstick shade is important!
5. Its not a crime to window shop - Although Holly didn’t buy anything at Tiffany’s, window shopping did kind of motivate her to better herself, and its true, seeing things you want (i.e a car, a house, a pair of Daffodil Louboutins) and dreaming motivates and keeps the positive energy flowing!
Have you learnt anything else from Holly?
XO, TDR ♥
LANA DEL REY - NATIONAL ANTHEM
Lana Del Rey and A$AP ROCKY are a vision of patriotic perfection in Lana’s newest music video, National Anthem. Modelled against the dearly loved couple that is President John F. Kennedy and his fashion icon wife, Jackie O, they both look amazing, and this film was beautifully made, much like most of Lana Del Rey’s videos.
I’m a huge fan of both artists and I really hope this isn’t the last we see of this collaboration.
XO, TDR ♥
So upset I haven’t gotten my blazers yet </3
the burgundy ones are sold out EVERYWHERE ! :’(