17 posts tagged ALEXANDER MCQUEEN
I think this was one of the best dressed Oscars ever! I found it so difficult to pick a few to write about! Everyone just looked so amazing..
Majority of this years gowns consisted of more muted colours, but with Dior, Oscar de la Renta and many more loved designers providing such gorgeous choices.. why not ditch the neons and brights?
Gotta start off with the BEST OF THE NIGHT, which I think we can all agree was Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Couture! She looked as if she could’ve been walking down an aisle then a red carpet, but nonetheless she looked so elegant in the most understated way possible. I was really stuck between Jane Fonda in her canary Versace, but soon as I found this was Alexander McQueen - there was no competition! and this tangerine colour is just absolutely gorgeous! Definitely BEST COLOUR of the night. Halle Berry truly is a living testament of “Black don’t crack”, she looks FLAWLESS in this Versace sequin striped gown. And last but not least, sex bomb Charlize Theron join Jennifer and wears Dior Couture accessorised with Harry Winston jewellery; a perfectly elegant combination.
What were your favourite outfits of the night?
The Oscars 2012
Here are some of my favourite looks from the Oscars 2012 last night!
- Jessica Chastain in Alexander McQueen - To my knowledge this dress received some mixed reviews, and I can’t understand why! I think dress is absolutely beautiful, and Jessica looks stunning! Just look at the craftsmanship on the dress, remarkable! Jessica also wearing Harry Winston jewelry (a classic)
- Angelina Jolie in Atelier Versace - Angelina certainly raised the Va Va Voom! last night! Would’ve loved to of seen her in colour, but she does look sexy as usual. She wears this high slit dress with Salvatore Ferragamo heels (Brad Pitt made a decent accessory too!)
- Michelle Williams in Louis Vuitton - Carrying a Bottega Veneta clutch, Michelle Williams has become one of my favourite red carpet style crush’s! She looks so sweet and cute but feminine and elegant!
- Claire Danes in Valentino - Already a season ahead of us, Claire Danes attends the Vanity Fair after party in a hot pink Valentino pre-autumn/winter gown. I just love the mesh detailing by the neck.
- Miley Cyrus in Roberto Cavalli - The floral embroidered gown with a chiffon skirt and open back looked gorgeous on Miley, but I just think this look was a bit too old for her, I think she should’ve opted for something more funkier, but nonetheless, she still looks beautiful and its a good change from her usual look.
Detail: Alexander McQueen S/S 2012
Paris Fashion Week: Alexander McQueen S/S 2012
Can we please take a minute to focus on the details and craftsmanship taken into creating this dress ?